Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to Blogging!

Devoted Followers:

I am so sorry that I have not posted AT ALL in weeks! It was very busy because my parent's visit coincided with my first week of classes. But a lot has happened! It may take a couple of posts to share everything that has been going on in Augentina...

Firstly, I have decided to move into a different home stay. The first family I was living with was nice, but I think that I was more of a roommate than a part of the family so I wasn't able to get the full homestay experience. The mom was rarely home and I spent many nights eating dinner alone. I also wasn't living very close to my friends and wanted to live with a roommate so that I wouldn't have to walk around alone at night. My living quarters were also not exactly up to my program's standards and didn't reflect the fact that the family is paid for me to live with them. Here are pictures of my old room:

This may be the culprit of my broken computer charger

The toilet flusher and the place where I saw cockroaches shudder 
The old room. It looked a bit better when the bed was made up...this was a picture right before I moved.
My new family is great. I moved in with my friend Julie, who is a fantastic roommate. My new room is not a "room", per se, but a loft overlooking the living room. It doesn't have the privacy of a room with a door, but it has a large window and is much more comfortable than my old room. And it is pretty so I enjoy being there! Most importantly, I absolutely love my host mom, Patricia, and her husband, Pepin. One night I was feeling homesick and told Patricia how close I am to my mom. She told me that she could be my second mom and has started to call me "Mi Pequena". We have great conversations every night at dinner. I am so lucky that she and Pepin let me move into their home because the move has completely turned around my Argentina experience. I will add pictures of the room in my next post.

Before my parents visited, my friends and I took a bus tour of the city that went to the La Boca Juniors futbol stadium and La Boca (again).

The home of Argentina's pride and joy, La Boca Juniors


My friend, Chloe, posing with a tango dancer in La Boca

Me and Julie!
I have to run to class...I will post more later!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, nice to finally have an update on how you're doing. Thinking of you ... J & CVT

    ReplyDelete