Thursday, August 2, 2012

Catching Up

Ugh...what a stressful past couple of days. You don't realize how easy we have things in the United States until you try to buy a phone, take a cab,  and pay for things with people who just round up or down the amount without really telling you. They don't believe in exact change because they just don't have the coin options. My computer charger blew out, so I have only had my computer available every few days after a trip to my friend, Danielle's house. Luckily mommy dearest will bring me a new one when she comes to visit next week!

Here's what I've been doing:

Crossing Avenida 9 de Julio, the widest street in the world...

Mostly with these girls, my abroad BFFs Danielle and Julie.

Lots of waiting around. Nothing ever seems to start on time. Here are other friends, Chloe, Sam, and Brynn. 

Me and my friend, Daniel, at a wine bar near all of our apartments.

Daniel (somewhat unwillingly) serves as our bodyguard since he's tall and extremely serious.   
Drinking wine and listening to Argentine folk music. 
New Argentine friends. Doesn't the one on the right look like Ryan Gosling?
I have not put one ounce of effort into dressing for going out (noticeable?) because girls dress so weirdly here. Also, the worse I look, the less guys will look at or talk to me. Which is how I like it because they are extremely persistent and aggressive. More later when my computer is charged again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment